Disclosure feature checkpoint #1

Hello Launchpadders,

For each feature being developed on Launchpad, we want to have a
checkpoint every two weeks[1] to see how well it matches our goals for
the feature and to make sure it's of a high quality.

This week, the Product team looked at the "disclosure" feature[2],
also known as "better privacy".

Over the last couple of weeks, Curtis, William, Ian, Steve and J.C.
(aka the Teal Squad) have very significantly improved the person
picker, which is *the* way that you choose a person in Launchpad. The
reason it matters for privacy is that when you grant someone access to
your secret thing, you need to be sure that "someone" is the right
person and not some random stranger. Read all about it in the LEP[3].

Ursula and Diogo have hammered at the feature and compared it to the
requirements in the LEP. Huw has also made a few UI related notes.[4]
There are a few places where it's not quite there yet[5], but this was
the first reaction:

  <Ursinha> I've filed a couple of bugs already but it seems just
awesome so far, 200% of improvement. :)

Some of the things in the notes are straightforward defects, other
things might need some creative approaches.

In particular, the first success criteria ("A driver can search for a
user by Launchpad-Id or IRC nick and see that same information in the
listing of matches.") has been met. Smashing!

Matthew reckons the UI explains itself & doesn't need docs. We'll aim
to blog about this after a couple more chunks of the disclosure work
are ready.

For next cycle, I'd really like to see these addressed, as well as the
Project Picker being ready so we can say the TrustedPicker LEP is
done-done. And some progress on bug linking[6]. And a pony.

Please keep the Product team posted with any user testing you'd like
to have done. The sooner we know, the sooner we can start lining up
candidates and times.

jml

[1] <https://dev.launchpad.net/PolicyAndProcess/FeatureDevelopmentCheckpoint>
[2] <https://dev.launchpad.net/Projects/Disclosure>