Re: [Fwd: Trusted target pickers, not trusted project pickers]

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 12:04 -0400, James Westby wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:30:32 -0400, Curtis Hovey <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >     * package picker lists unpublished (invalid) packages
> >       https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/42298
>
> Will this create another bad interaction where a user is searching for
> something that they can see elsewhere on launchpad, but won't
> show up here?

I do not think so. If the user can see it, it should show up. The
search/vocabulary is not asking for the context, such as Ubuntu or
Debian, so instead of showing valid answers, it shows every registered
package name it knows about.

This bugs is about the fact that we bolted a UI on a model of packaging
that neither usr and Launchpad view code trusts. The model needs to
server the UI in this case

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y___________
No matter where you go...there you are.