Re: Changing Lp to not conflate public, private, and securty visibility

On Wednesday 22 June 2011 03:43:38 Curtis Hovey wrote:
> The "managing disclosure" feature of the "disclosure" feature  will
> permit project/distro maintainers to see all subordinate public and
> private artefacts. By assigning a person or team to the roles or
> maintainer, driver, bug supervisor, or security contact, you will be
> granting knowledge/access to the projects private artefacts. This does
> not convey access to security artefacts like bugs (and branches). The
> person or team in the security role will have access to public, private,
> and security artefacts.

Are you going to differentiate at all between "knowledge of" and "access" in
this feature?

If "knowledge of" is important, then I would have thought that to make a top-
level object like a distro or project private then you need all of its
components to be private.  For example, below I've listed all the tables that
have a FK to distribution - wouldn't you need to make all of these objects
private before you can have a truly private distro?

Apologies if I am way off track here, I am happy to be corrected on what your
aim is.

Cheers.

--------

    TABLE "announcement" CONSTRAINT "announcement_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN
KEY
 (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "answercontact" CONSTRAINT "answercontact__distribution__fkey"
FOREIGN
 KEY (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "archive" CONSTRAINT "archive__distribution__fk" FOREIGN KEY
(distribu
tion) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "bugsummary" CONSTRAINT "bugsummary_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN KEY
(di
stribution) REFERENCES distribution(id) ON DELETE CASCADE
    TABLE "bugsummaryjournal" CONSTRAINT "bugsummaryjournal_distribution_fkey"
OREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id) ON DELETE CASCADE
    TABLE "bugtask" CONSTRAINT "bugtask__distribution__fk" FOREIGN KEY
(distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "bugtrackercomponent" CONSTRAINT
"bugtrackercomponent_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES
distribution(id)
    TABLE "customlanguagecode" CONSTRAINT
"customlanguagecode_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES
distribution(id)
    TABLE "distributionbounty" CONSTRAINT "distributionbounty_distribution_fk"
FOREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "distributionjob" CONSTRAINT "distributionjob_distribution_fkey"
FOREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "distributionmirror" CONSTRAINT
"distributionmirror_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES
distribution(id)
    TABLE "distributionsourcepackage" CONSTRAINT
"distributionpackage__distribution__fk" FOREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES
distribution(id)
    TABLE "distributionsourcepackagecache" CONSTRAINT
"distributionsourcepackagecache_distribution_fk" FOREIGN KEY (distribution)
REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "distrocomponentuploader" CONSTRAINT
"distrocomponentuploader_distribution_fk" FOREIGN KEY (distribution)
REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "distroseries" CONSTRAINT "distroseries__distribution__fk" FOREIGN
KEY (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "entitlement" CONSTRAINT "entitlement_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN KEY
(distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "faq" CONSTRAINT "faq_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (distribution)
REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "karma" CONSTRAINT "karma_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN KEY
(distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "karmacache" CONSTRAINT "karmacache_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN KEY
(distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "message" CONSTRAINT "message_distribution_fk" FOREIGN KEY
(distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "milestone" CONSTRAINT "milestone_distribution_fk" FOREIGN KEY
(distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "oauthaccesstoken" CONSTRAINT "oauthaccesstoken_distribution_fkey"
FOREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "oauthrequesttoken" CONSTRAINT "oauthrequesttoken_distribution_fkey"
FOREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "officialbugtag" CONSTRAINT "officialbugtag_distribution_fkey"
FOREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "pillarname" CONSTRAINT "pillarname_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN KEY
(distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id) ON DELETE CASCADE
    TABLE "publisherconfig" CONSTRAINT "publisherconfig__distribution__fk"
FOREIGN KEY (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "question" CONSTRAINT "question__distribution__fk" FOREIGN KEY
(distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "specification" CONSTRAINT "specification_distribution_fk" FOREIGN
KEY (distribution) REFERENCES distribution(id)
    TABLE "structuralsubscription" CONSTRAINT
"structuralsubscription_distribution_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (distribution)
REFERENCES distribution(id)