Re: Importing JavaScript test modules (no need to set up the Runner)

On 3 August 2011 12:40, Danilo Šegan <danilo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> It also means that you don't have to rebuild launchpad.js when working
> on unit tests.  Everybody usually highlights this as a big benefit: you
> edit and reload.

Oh yes, good point.

Fwiw, when I'm developing some JavaScript and working with it in place
in the Launchpad UI, I normally run something like:

  while sleep 1; do
    make -q -Wjsbuild_widget_css jsbuild || \
      make -Wjsbuild_widget_css jsbuild
  done

which keeps launchpad.js not more than a couple of seconds out of
date.

If you've got inotify-tools installed you can shave an average extra
half second off that with http://paste.ubuntu.com/657974/ -- and it
also detects moves and deletes.

Gavin.