Another thing I'd like in our test suite

Since my last thread of this kind led to such great news, I'm just going to keep doing it.

Wouldn't it be great if our test suite automatically ran each of our utility interfaces through:

    self.assertProvides(
        getUtility(ISomethingSource), ISomethingSource)

It's a pain to have to remember doing that for every utility, but doing it quickly checks for a wide range of possible mistakes.

That check also usually ends up in a layer with the database, librarian, rabbit, and what have you. Takes ages to start up — a bit much for something one step above "make lint." But also I would expect it to be a bug for any of our utilities to need any of those things.

Jeroen

Follow ups