increase our Postgres statistics targets

Hi Stuart.  When working on https://wiki.canonical.com/IncidentReports/2011-08-19-LP-confused-query-plan-degraded-performance , you noted that we should increase our Postgres statistics targets to make similar glitches less likely.

Am I right in assuming that this means increasing the frequency of updating the statistics targets?  What can we do to make this happen?  Does it have any downsides?  Should I file a bug for it, or make some other future-planning action?

Thank you

Gary

Follow ups