A user story trying to convert from Bitlucket/mercurial to Launchpad/bzr

Hi guys,
I have recently tried switching from Bitbucket and hg to Launchpad and
bzr as Launchpad seemed "free-er" and bzr is the main DVCS I use. I
have not done so due to some issues I have run into.

I have brought up some problems I have experienced with Launchpad's
usability in an article, additionally making a few comparisons with
solutions in Bitbucket. After bringing this up in #launchpad I got a
fairly good response and they asked me to bring it up in this mailing
list.

Link below. Happy reading. Bear in mind some opinions might be strong
but I feel strongly about the future of services like Launchpad and
wish them the best.

http://cheater.posterous.com/launchpad-not-an-alternative-for-bitbucket

Bear in mind this is my opinion as a simple developer with some
projects and not one of the Ubuntu devs, so any of Launchpad's strong
customizations for Ubuntu specifically are irrelevant to me and at
most can get in the way while at worst being confusing (several things
listed in the article)

Note that someone else has tried this 2 years ago and has run into
pretty much the same problems:

http://lindsay.at/blog/archive/2009/05/07/launchpad-github-bitbucket.html

I welcome all sorts of comments both here and on the blog.

Cheers,
D.

Follow ups