How do we celebrate?

Hi folks,

Here is a great blog post from former Launchpad leader Steve Alexander
called 'How do you celebrate?': http://blog.nowtalking.nl/archives/55

I've been thinking a lot about team morale and motivation over the past
year and failed to get a handle on the issue. But that blog post brought
a lot of insights. It's very subtle but looks at the different ways of
reacting to an "achievement" (really anything meaningful we finish).

I'd say that in Launchpad we are generally using the
"passive-constructive" mode which like Steve points out is really a
missed opportunity. By paying a little more attention to how we react in
these cases, it's possible to make a big difference in how people on the
project connects together. And this probably of utmost importance in a
distributed environment.

You probably all know the feeling that exists after we meet at a sprint
and we are excited to work together on this project. I think that with
the insights this blog post provide, that feeling could persist outside
of sprints.

Definitively worth a read and putting in practice.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx