Re: performance tuesday: better batches are -go-

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2011-09-21 05:23, Robert Collins wrote:
>>
>> https://code.launchpad.net/~adeuring/launchpad/bug-739052-9/+merge/76241
>>
>> That is all.
>
> What does this mean?  What does the "better" refer to?  I read the MP and
> the relevant change seems to be that you replaced ListRangeFactory with
> StormRangeFactory.  But the reason for that change is not explained, so now
> I have to find out or more or accept that I wasted my time trying to
> decypher your email.  :)

Not me - Abel. He has been slaving hard over the last few weeks to
bring together StormRangeFactory - so that batches can use value range
contraints rather than offsets, which postgresql can often answer much
more efficiently.

I've written about this before I think, and I know you've done a
presentation on it @ the epic ;)

-Rob