Re: To wiki or not to wiki

On Thursday 06 October 2011 10:14:10 Matthew Revell wrote:
> Now, as for whether we favour Sphinx docs or doctests, I'm a little
> less clear on. I prefer the Sphinx stuff because anyone can access
> them via rtfd. However, my experience with doctests is pretty limited.

Talking of R[F]TD, I'd much rather we had docs.launchpad.net and host it
ourselves.

We've got some good points so far, thanks Matthew and Gavin.  Summary:

 * MOIN SUCKS
 * Doctests blow (I personally think they have a place, just a limited one)
 * rST is portable
 * Docs in the tree are desirable, using Sphinx.
   * Caveat - landing to LP is heavyweight, but Matthew thinks this is a
benefit to have it reviewed. (I agree)
 * Wikkid is nice. (having docs in a separate tree for it might be a
compromise between LP's heavy landing process and reviewability)