Orange begins work on custom bug listings!

Hello!

Yesterday, Deryck's Orange Squad began work on the Custom Bug Listings
project! You can keep track of the project's progress here:

  https://dev.launchpad.net/Projects/CustomBugListings

This is a stakeholder request that tackles a question that has been
made many times:

  Why can't I choose the information I see in bug listings?

Once the feature is complete, everyone will be able to customise the
information they see in bug listings -- whether that's search results
or a standard listing, such as bugs assigned to you -- and save that
as their default setting.

You want to see who a bug is assigned to? No problem, add it to your
bug listings.

You're not interested in bug heat? Get rid of it!

Something interesting came up while Huw was working on the UI for this
feature: there has to be a better way, than a rigid table with
multiple columns, of showing many bugs on a page.

Huw looked at how other web applications handle the display of similar
data and came up with an alternative to multiple bug columns.

The project page has mock-ups showing Huw's new design.

We expect this project to take around six weeks and we hope to have it
in public beta just after UDS. We'll be inviting people to try the
working alpha at UDS and, shortly, I'll be inviting people to try the
clickable mock-up.

This is the biggest change to the bug tracker's UI since April 2007,
so we're pretty excited by it! Let me know what you think of our
plans.

Thanks,

--
Matthew Revell