Re: Should team membership requests expire?

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2011-10-13 03:14, curtis Hovey wrote:
>
>> A similar fix was made for answer contacts a few months ago. The fix is
>> almost identical to the script I have used to fix vestigial data. I am
>> attaching my script
>
> This looks suspiciously like a complete solution to the problem of the
> broken membership requests.  Is it meant to be?
>
> Also, the part for team membership requests/invitations looks very simple.
>  If I wanted expiry for old requests, I'd just replace the "where"
> conditions pertaining to account status with one on the record's age.
>
> But Robert tells us that the problematic team membership records are harder
> to clean up than regular old requests.
>
> What am I missing?

Curtis script expunges dangling team join requests; expiring them
would involve notifications ('sorry your request was not replied to'),
and that would be bogus if e.g. the person had been deleted (or
alternatively merged into someone in the team). Neither case can
happen if the person merge bug is fixed.

-Rob