Re: Should team membership requests expire?

On 2011-10-14 19:48, Matthew Revell wrote:

So, as for adding expiry to team memberships: our feature work is
unlikely to give us an excuse to add such a feature any time soon and
it's not a critical issue for a maintenance squad to tackle. If
someone were able to add this expiry outside of either feature or
maintenance time, I think it could be nice to have but I'd want us to
know more about why people let such requests languish.

Compromise: send out reminders for existing cases, hint at a possible future expiry regime, but don't implement expiry yet. See what responses we get, and from which party.

I think we'll shake loose a lot of untended teams and moot membership requests. We'll also stir some team admins into action.

The "Follow" idea sounds good. Some membership requests seem to fulfill an almost ritualistic need.

Jeroen