Re: headsup: upcoming changes to oops-*

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM, John Meinel <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2011 8:35 PM, "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Which bson encoder / decoder did you use? The mongodb one or the one
>> on pypi? [idly curious]
>
> Mongodb one. Pypi is pure python and 5-10x slower. Same for simplejson and
> stdlib's json package.

Interesting.  Currently oops-* is using the pypi one, and for laughs
they have the same package name and an incompatible API. ><

> Is JSON the one that has base60 floats? Or is that yaml?
> John

yaml I think. json only has: "A number can be represented as integer,
real, or floating point. JSON does not support octal or hex because it
is minimal. It does not have values for NaN or Infinity because it
does not want to be tied to any particular internal representation.
Numbers are not quoted. It would be insane to require quotes around
numbers."

-Rob