Re: headsup: upcoming changes to oops-*

On 16/11/2011, Robert Collins <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> json doesn't handle non-unicode, which is an issue as we get some
> -real- crap in on HTTP, and also its very nice that bson supports
> datetime directly - we record a lot of datetimes ;)

Whether the ability to store junk byte strings is a good idea, given
all the bugs you get trying to later stringify them together with
unicode, is another question. Escaping http headers and other such
random inputs to a sanitised form before storing them is less likely
to cause problems later, and with a sensible scheme it's always
possible to derive the original bytes.

Martin