Re: fallout and regressions are the new black

On 12/14/2011 01:39 PM, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> On 11-12-14 12:30 PM, curtis Hovey wrote:
>> Feature team   Maintenance team | CRITICAL fallout | escalated
>> regression | regression blocker | blocker | HIGH <feature-tag> |
>> oops | timeout
>
> I don't understand what this means.  If you mean that maintenance
> teams would not work on fallout bugs, I don't think that's right,
> because fallout can be discovered after the feature is completed and
> the team rotates.  Whatever team is on maintenance should fix fallout
> if it's discovered after feature completion.

I agree. fallout is generally a feature squad issue, but anyone can fix it.

> Maybe we can just use tags?  That way we wouldn't have to change the
> bug importances to reflect them.

Critical tells non-developers we are working these issues now, which is
not true. We expect a critical issue to require abnormal activity to
address and users expect that to been the issue will be addresses soon.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui