Re: Answers on friendly.ubuntu.com

On 01/19/2012 11:28 AM, Marc Tardif wrote:
> Andrea, I would very much like to adopt your approach. However, I don't
> understand how Ubuntu Friendly could get the question IDs back from
> Launchpad. Currently, I see two ways for Ubuntu Friendly to create
> questions in Launchpad:
> 2. Ubuntu Friendly provides a form that uses the Launchpad API to create
>    a question in Launchpad answers. Then, the API would certainly return
>    the question ID that could be inserted in our own database. However,
>    I don't understand how the user can authenticate so that the question
>    is asked as himself.

This is not doable now.

I can make this doable in a couple hours work. I have been working on
exposing all Answers features over the API so that users never need to
know Lp exists. I want to create a simple, desktop indicator/lens/app
that apps can use to manage support. Projects can customise the app, and
it can be translated. Lp would just be a cloud service. I have no time
commitments though.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui