Re: Blueprint work items as first class objects, and a bit more

On 20 January 2012 20:18, Guilherme Salgado
<guilherme.salgado@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In Linaro we've been discussing a new report that would show the upcoming
> work assigned to a given team, aggregating work items from blueprints and
> bugs (see the attached mockup for an example; just ignore the roadmap cards
> line at the top), but for that we do need to have work items as first class
> objects, as well as the history of changes made to them.

Wow, this looks great. Thanks for working on this.

So, [FOREIGN] is a blueprint that is assigned to another team but has
some work items that are assigned to this team? And [FUTURE] is a
blueprint that is targeted to a future release/milestone but has work
items that are targeted to this one. Is that right?

> We believe doing it in Launchpad instead of launchpad-work-items-tracker[2]
> has many benefits (to ourselves and to other Launchpad users, who might find
> that kind of report useful), but just having work items as first class
> objects would make it possible to implement many other things (user input
> validation when creating/modifying them, ability to generate reports and see
> the progress of a blueprint, etc), so we'd like to know if this is something
> that would be accepted into Launchpad.

Yes, absolutely. This is something we would have wanted to do
ourselves, had it not been for our temporary change in focus. Let's
have a call early next week to chat about how this might look and
work. I'll send an invite.

The Product team (user research, text/docs, UI and QA) would be at your service.

Cheers!

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad Product Manager