Re: Polls: where to go next

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Matthew Revell
<matthew.revell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  * Either the Ubuntu councils make sharing your email address with the
> team's admins a condition of membership and we provide admins with a plain
> text download of a team's members' email addresses. In every other
> circumstance, hidden email addresses remain hidden. I think this is a
> quick-fix from our side but it's not really satisfactory socially.

This makes the joining a team workflow more complex. At the moment, I
can create a team and add you too it. If this means I can view your
protected email address, that is a disclosure bug. We would need to
add a confirmation step for every team addition, or a new team type
making things more confusing to end users.

We do have https://launchpad.net/~username/+contactuser - does this
help? IIRC, this is currently available to authenticated users, so we
would have to think carefully before allowing anonymous access via
SMTP to this channel. We could create a SMTP forwarder service, that
Launchpad could use to create time limited email forwarders. But then
we are replacing a system we don't really want to support with another
system.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>