Re: server side rendering, client side rendering, forms, oh my.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:55 PM, John Meinel <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think removing duplication is good, and being searchable from Google
> is.still important. I worry a little bit for the Martin Gzs of the world,
> that really prefer to run without javascript[1], but still are valuable to
> have around.
>
> John
> =:->
>
> [1] I'm not sure of all the reasons, but memory pressure and privacy come to
> mind.

Memory pressure is an interesting one, but given the full-featured JS
engines on phones these days, I think its reasonable to assume a
desktop developer (primary audience) has the capacity to run as many
tabs as they want; and phones can definitely run things like gmail,
which make -extensive- use of JS.

Privacy wise, our security policy says we won't load JS from external
sites, so there aren't random things happening - and not using JS
doesn't save you from simple externally referenced webbugs, for
instance.

-Rob