Re: Launchpad on Precise

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 9 March 2012 13:02, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> IMO it's not a bug; I have explained on the bug you filed.
>
> Let's talk on the bug or on irc.
>
>> Copying should work (with binaries), what problem do you experience?
>
> I tried to copy sources and that failed; copying binaries did work.

Thanks for weighing in here guys. Unfortunately, I think this bug you
guys are discussing is really unrelated to the core issue. I shouldn't
have included it in the paste, but I thought it might reveal something
I wasn't aware of.

I think the real heart of the issue is here:

 launchpad-developer-dependencies : Depends:
launchpad-database-dependencies (= 0.106~precise1) but it is not going
to be installed
                                    Depends:
launchpad-messagequeue-dependencies (= 0.106~precise1) but it is not
going to be installed
                                    Depends: postgresql-doc-8.4 but it
is not installable
                                    Recommends: pyflakes but it is not
going to be installed
                                    Recommends: subunit but it is not
going to be installed
                                    Recommends: bzr-lpreview-body but
it is not going to be installed

It looks to me like launchpad-messagequeue-dependencies wants
postgresql-doc-8.4 which is not installable. I have no idea what "not
installable" means or how to fix it. I'm sorry to be so dumb about
packaging, but if anyone could help me sort this out and get me going
again, I'd be grateful.

Cheers,
deryck

--