Re: Filtering out conjoined/private bugs in python with no extra DB queries

On 21/03/12 06:40, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Guilherme Salgado
> <guilherme.salgado@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> In order to implement https://dev.launchpad.net/Projects/WorkItems we
>> have a  query for BugTasks that returns all tasks assigned to any member
>> of a team and whose milestone has a due date before a certain cutoff
>> date.  AFAICT, I cannot use BugTaskSet.search() for that because there
>> we cannot search for tasks assigned to any members of a team or across
>> all tasks with milestones (we can only filter by a single milestone or
>> not filter by milestone at all).  Adding support for those two things
>
> !citation needed.
>
> Did you try passing in any(*yourinterestedmilestones) ? The advanced
> search form quite happily selects a set of milestones today....

Oh, indeed, I didn't realize I could do that.  And it looks like I can
do the same with the assignee.

However, that means I'd need to first get a list of milestones to pass
in, and to get that I need to run the same query I run today but instead
of fetching the bugtasks fetch just their milestones.  I'll give it a
try and see if it has a significant effect on performance.

--
Guilherme Salgado <https://launchpad.net/~salgado>