Re: memcache errors in ec2 and buildbot -- newer python-memcached to blame?

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12-03-23 06:20 AM, Stuart Bishop wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM, William Grant
>> <william.grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> python-memcached was upgraded a week ago, so it's tempting to
>>> revert it to see if it makes things more stable. What do people
>>> think?
>>
>> The old one was very simple. Anyone recall why we upgraded it?
>
> I believe it was to fix this bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/954232

Yeah, as Aaron notes, it was to fix an issue with the homepage for
Launchpad borking over memcached not returning data.  This was fixed
in the recent release.  I'm fine to roll back to the older release if
we think its required, but it would be better if we could sort out
what about the new python-memcached is causing this, if indeed it is.

Like William says, it's really the only thing that has changed around
memcached, so it seems suspect.  But it also isn't happening
consistently enough to really pin it on the upgrade, IMHO.

So I guess I'm a +0 on reverting. I'd rather we could work out what's
really going on, but in the absence of that, I'm willing to rollback
to see if the issues go away.

Cheers,
deryck

--