testtools and lingering DelayedCalls

As part of the yellow suqad's test parallelization work I am tracking
down a test ordering bug (963463).  The problem is that some tests leave
unexecuted DelayedCalls in the reactor which testtools reports as a test
error.

Normally that would be a good thing, but not all the offending tests use
testtools so we have a situation where some tests leave the reactor in a
dirty state (which is not reported because those tests are not using
testtools) and a later test (which does use testtools) generates an
error (because of the already dirty reactor).

I am going to try to try to find a way to identify all of the offending
tests and clean them up, but I doubt I can find and fix them all within
a reasonable time box.

I would like to propose changing testtools such that if the reactor is
dirty at the start of a test a warning is issued and the reactor is
cleared out.  That way we only generate errors when we can pinpoint the
culprit test.
--
Benji York

Follow ups