History of our python-openid fork

Hi, William.

I noticed we're maintaining a patched version of python-openid 2.2.1.
versions.cfg suggests you were the last to patch it.

I'm doing some work that needs the latest python-openid to work well
with pape extension's max_auth_age. Basically, pape extension support
in our patched version is buggy. Can you fill me in on the story about
why we forked?  Or did our patches get upstream? Is upgrading
python-openid safe or dangerous? Do you know?

It seems the forked openid code may pre-date your work, so maybe you
don't know the complete history here either. If not, I welcome
anyone's input here to sort out if python-openid is safe to upgrade.
FWIW, running tests locally with general regex like "login" or "auth"
all seem to pass with the newer python-openid. I haven't run the
complete test suite yet to know for sure about everything.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge