Re: Hit list for maintenance costs reduction

On Friday 13 April 2012 21:18:39 Graham Binns wrote:
> On 13 April 2012 16:37, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'd rather raise ideas here in case because they probably need refinement:
> >
> >  * reduce test suite run time without reducing coverage
>
> We (~Yellow) are working on that - or at least on spreading out the
> load. There are some roadblocks in our way yet, but we're making good
> progress.

While I think that the parallel test project is a great piece of worthwhile
work, I still think there is a lot of room for improvement when people write
tests.  I don't remember the last time I saw a review talk about test
performance.

So, any change to speed up an individual test is an excellent change. (I know
of many in the Soyuz world that we can remove tens of seconds from, minutes in
some cases.)