Watch some fun with parallel tests

If you read this message in the next 8 hours or so, you might have fun going to

http://ec2-107-22-105-209.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8010/waterfall

and seeing the parallel tests run on a juju-ified ec2 buildbot set up.

Robert thought all the devs might get a kick out of seeing it, so here it is, for a limited time only. :-)

The stats update very quickly, so a reload should show you even more tests run, even after a second or two.

The tests take just under an hour for everything on the current eight-core ec2 instance. You can see what tests each of the eight cores are running on the waterfall (worker-N logs) and what the failures are, if any (summary log). The failures include information on what worker ran them, so once we have bug 989208 resolved (in progress by bac) we should have all the information we need to quickly identify test isolation issues.

Historically, eight of the last eleven parallel test runs have been green, which is the good news. The other three have each provided yet more never-seen-before intermittent failures, which is the bad news. (https://dev.launchpad.net/ParallelTests/ResultsLog for details).

Thanks and congrats to Serge Hallyn (lxc), Jono Lange (subunit, testtools, testr), Robert, the Juju team, and the Yellow squad for all the progress we've gotten on this. Maybe parallel ec2 test is next? We'll see.

Gary