Re: Next steps for Better Privacy ()

On 12-05-11 09:12 AM, curtis Hovey wrote:

>> > Firstly, I don't see why we would conflate subscription and access for
>> > any bugs; lets keep them clean and separate - even on a proprietary
>> > bug, a third party may have access, but not want all the chatter. They
>> > might be working a queue of bugs and have no desire or interest in
>> > discussion on a given bug until they come to it in their queue. Its
>> > not up to us to pre-decide this.
> We are not conflating subscription and access. There is no use case for
> bug-only access without subscription. The only case where a user needs
> exceptional access to a bug is to participate in the conversation to fix
> it. The UI does not need to be more complicated.

I agree with Curtis, at the model level the two things are still
separated. _We could implement a workflow_ where exceptional access is
granted without subscription. It's just that we are choosing not to do
this at this stage.

I don't want to increase project scope. This project has been going for
long enough as it is. We should focus on the important thing which is
delivering good private projects for OEM. Managing indivual access to
bugs without a subscription isn't a requirement. And if it ever become
one, we'll do it another time. (They can always mute their subsription
anyway.)

Cheers

--
Francis J. Lacoste