Re: Scroll over Javascript

On 05/30/2012 03:32 AM, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Specifically, one annoying thing about linking a bug is that you have
> to follow the link to get the actual details. It would be really neat
> if you could hover over the link, and get the quick summary of the
> bug. That lets you write fairly natural prose, and someone who is
> interested can dig in for a little bit more detail.
This relates to bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1924
which proposes to use the bug title to accomplish the same goal

lp/app/javascript/lp-links.js validates and enhances bug links. It could
be extend to gather extra information that could be used to show extra
information on hover. Touch devices do not support hover and we have to
ask every time hover is suggest if there is a better way. We might
consider an additional event like mousedown+500ms to indicate that the
user is interested in the link.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui