Does our DB retry code need tweaks for the PG 9.1 upgrade?

Hi Stuart,

We have a cluster of recent bugs that seems to hint that the retry
transaction code might need some tweaking since our upgrade to PG 9.1.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1000805

That first one is a

psycopg2.OperationalError: could not send data to server: Connection
timed out

when serving private attachments from the librarian. Usually, attempting
again will work. Is that a new error in PG 9.1 that we should add to the
retry list? It only re-attempts DisconnectionError, IntegrityError and
TransactionalRollbackError.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1006530
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1006531

These two are OOPSes triggered during fastdowntime. I was under the
impression that we weren't logging those during fastdowntime and thus
our filters might need updating. Or maybe, I'm mistaken and it's just
that Diogo is our normal filter here, and since he's on leave this it
explains why Laura reported bugs about those.

Thanks for your insights.

Cheers

--
Francis J. Lacoste