Re: How can we handle our sub-pojects better?

On 11 September 2012 10:14, Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We garden them as a group, and at the moment we're failing to release things:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-project/?field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED
> shows 48 bugs in 10 different projects, which is perhaps a bit
> excessive.
>
> I'm wondering how we can handle this better?

My first thought is that gardening these - or at least prodding the
owners of the patches - should be a maintenance responsibility.

That said, an automated weekly or monthly nag might be a place to
start, something that sends an email to the branch's owner (or bug
assignee if they haven't linked a branch) and kicks them about it.

In the case of bugs where no-one's assigned themselves or linked a
branch the script could email the dev list. And then we could hunt
down the person who marked the bug fix committed and hit them with
sticks for not doing any of the other useful things.

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D
http://launchpad.net/~gmb