Re: Dropping Python 2 support from server-side-only lazr.* packages

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 11:39:19PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> However, for packages that are in practice only used on the server side,
> specifically as part of Launchpad itself, there doesn't seem much point
> retaining Python 2 support now that Launchpad itself is on Python 3.  I
> therefore propose that we drop Python 2 support from the following
> packages:
>
>   lazr.batchnavigator
>   lazr.config
>   lazr.delegates
>   lazr.enum
>   lazr.jobrunner
>   lazr.lifecycle
>   lazr.restful
>   lazr.sshserver

One extra note: lp-codeimport and lp-mailman are currently stuck on
Python 2 for various reasons, and use lazr.{config,delegates,enum}.  I
don't think this is a big deal - they can just keep pinning older
versions and we can release from a branch if it turns out to be needed -
but it's worth mentioning for completeness.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                           [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]