launchpad-doc team mailing list archive

Wiki Restart Alert

Hi all,

I'm in the process of fixing a few bugs on the help.launchpad.net
wiki.  I'll need to coordinate with our sys admin to actually apply
the updates to the wiki and do some QA to ensure nothing is broken.

This update will require us restarting the wiki (apache) which could
effect any changes that you might be making.  I'm hoping to install
and verify the changes later today (2008-02-11 UTC).  I'll send
another email a bit later with more details.

If you do edit the wiki between now and when the updates go live,
please consider keeping a copy of your edits locally in case you just
happen to hit the restart window.  One easy way to do this is to
install the "It's all text!" Firefox extension.  It allows you to edit
the wiki locally (e.g. using gedit or kedit) and keep a copy of your
text in your editor until you verify your changes have been
successfully submitted.  See the extension for (some) details on how
to use it.

Joey