launchpad-doc team mailing list archive

Assigning of Bugs

Hi,

FYI, please don't assign bugs Launchpad bugs to people unless
requested to do so.  For example, sometimes you might think that Matt
Revell might take a bug but in reality, I might take it.  Also we use
milestones to determine what should be worked on so the act of
assigning it to someone doesn't mean anything unless it's targeted to
a particular release.   And the targeting happens internally.

This doesn't mean you can help triage! In fact it's great to see many
of you filing bugs and triaging them.  It's just assigning them to a
person and to a milestone which causes us rework at times.

Thanks,

Joey

Follow ups