Re: lp:~jelmer/meta-lp-deps/python-debian into lp:meta-lp-deps

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 22:38 +0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Interesting... I think this is fine, but am confused what the
>  motivation is to bother with a backported python-debian, given bug
>  521110 is merely removal of about-to-be-unnecessary code.
This branch has already bitrotted a couple of times so I wanted to
actually get these changes in rather than letting it bitrot for a couple
of months more until we have Lucid.

We're almost certainly going to rely even more on python-debian in the
future, e.g. for parsing dsc files, other rfc822-like files, changelog
files and the removals file. Given we're always running Launchpad on a
LTS release and the next version of python-debian already has a couple
of fixes that might be useful to cherrypick it seemed reasonable to just
do all of the setup now.

> Please mention your newly created ~launchpad-pqm/python-debian/devel
>  branch on https://dev.launchpad.net/LaunchpadPpa, and you might like
>  to comment on launchpad-dev@ regarding your thoughts on making this
>  branch PQM-managed, given everything else in the PPA does not use
>  PQM-managed branches.
I was originally going to put it in sourcedeps.conf, but was eventually
recommended to put the changes into the PPA instead. It seemed like a
good idea to use PQM here, similar to most of the other branches we use
for our dependencies in sourcedeps.conf. I'll update the wiki, thanks.

Cheers,

Jelmer

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jelmer/meta-lp-deps/python-debian/+merge/31274
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jelmer/meta-lp-deps/python-debian into lp:meta-lp-deps.