Re: [Merge] lp:~jtv/launchpad/templates-listing into lp:launchpad/devel

This isn't a review, but I'm curious how you've established that this
is faster (so that I can have a look in the same way at
ubuntu/+assignments. Also, we have a new template engine in the
pipeline :- we probably don't want a lot of procedural code doing
template-work (or we want all our code doing that).

Uhm for generating big texts in python, do this:
buffer = []
for <blah>:
   buffer.append(somestring)
return ''.join(buffer)

This isn't as efficient as a pure chunking end-to-end implementation,
but it is the next best thing.

Lastly, you might like to nab Gary or someone from foundations to talk
about the implications of canonical_url returning relative paths :
we've got some stuff changing in that area just recently.

-Rob
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jtv/launchpad/templates-listing/+merge/35185
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jtv/launchpad/templates-listing into lp:launchpad/devel.