Re: [Merge] lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/dpkg-xz-support-619152 into lp:launchpad/devel

The blocker is having a new enough version of dpkg in production.  The
Launchpad servers have now all been upgraded to lucid, which helps.
However, it is not sufficient, as lucid has dpkg 1.15.5.6, but xz
support was introduced in dpkg 1.15.6.

The backport is not trivial, because the compression code was
reorganised between 1.15.5.6 and 1.15.6; however, it's not a great deal
of code to rewrite in the necessary format.  I'll work on this, hand it
over to the OSAs, and update this merge proposal when it's done.

After that, I don't have direct landing access, so would appreciate help
in getting this landed.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/dpkg-xz-support-619152/+merge/32868
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~cjwatson/launchpad/dpkg-xz-support-619152 into lp:launchpad/devel.