[Merge] lp:~stevenk/launchpad/derivedistroseries-api-qafail-once-more into lp:launchpad

The proposal to merge lp:~stevenk/launchpad/derivedistroseries-api-qafail-once-more into lp:launchpad has been updated.

Description changed to:

This branch finally fixes the end-to-end test of deriving a distro series via the API, having the cronscript run to initialise the new series, and having the new series be initialised correctly.

My main problems with the way I wrote this code originally is that my testing was nowhere near enough complete enough, so I hit problems during QA, not earlier. This branch should fix all of the remaining problems.

I have QA'd this branch on dogfood and confirmed it worked before making the MP as Needs Review.

I was aiming to have this branch called derivedistroseries-api-qafail-once-more-with-feeling, but I felt that was a touch too long.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~stevenk/launchpad/derivedistroseries-api-qafail-once-more/+merge/41820
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~stevenk/launchpad/derivedistroseries-api-qafail-once-more into lp:launchpad.