Re: [Merge] lp:~sinzui/launchpad/delete-team-4 into lp:launchpad

Admins and team owner can use a script to remove super team now. The issues is that admins takes days to do this. Helping users manage their data is not the admin'a primary responsibility. Owners often need assistance, or in cases where teams are reorganising themselves, there is not user as an owner who can do this.

This really is the domain of registry admins, but Francis has stated he does not want this power to be in the hands of many people, even if they are trusted. Launchpad engineers are too many to be trusted. We instead use the UI to help registry admins do they job. This is such as  case. deletion is an invasive action that will always involve access to other object that the user does not have access too. The UI recognises that the user's right to delete a team, release, milestone, or series it supersedes the right of the owner of the linked object to have such as link.

This issue is a regression. I had power to help users, now I do not. We have conflicts of interest in the concepts of admin, moderate, and edit. I am a moderator, the team owner is an editor. and we do not have a permission that permits us to state that both roles can make the change. And to repeat my earlier remark, the conclusion is that I should not have the power retract memberships, only the power the delete the team.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~sinzui/launchpad/delete-team-4/+merge/43403
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~sinzui/launchpad/delete-team-4 into lp:launchpad.