[Merge] lp:~danilo/launchpad/bug-548-use-preference into lp:launchpad/db-devel

The proposal to merge lp:~danilo/launchpad/bug-548-use-preference into lp:launchpad/db-devel has been updated.

Description changed to:

= Mute self-generated bug notifications =

For users who choose to not receive any emails resulting from their own activity in the bug tracker we should stop sending emails.  This is part of our effort to solve bug 548.  It still depends on unlanded work by Gary, and we expect to see another branch which enables setting this through a web page.

== Implementation details ==

I've discussed the implementation with Gavin and Deryck.  My initial efforts were focused on not even creating a BugNotification record for a user who decides not to receive these emails, but because of potential indirect subscriptions through team membership, we had to move this to the code actually producing email notifications and "flattening" out recipients based on team membership.  This means that it's all in one place now (all 3 lines of code changes), and should have less chances of conflicting with ongoing refactoring work by Gavin (which touches IBug.addChangeNotification).

== Tests ==

bin/test -cvvt no_self_email

== Demo & QA ==

To QA this, we need to set person.selfgenerated_bugnotifications to False (perhaps through a query like "UPDATE PersonSettings SET selfgenerated_bugnotifications=FALSE WHERE person IN (SELECT id FROM Person WHERE name='your-name')"), and then we need to try modifying any bug, and after running cronscripts/send-bug-notifications.py, no notification should go out for our own account.

It's very nice that "cronscripts/send-bug-notifications.py -vv" actually prints out all outgoing notifications, so that will hugely help with QA (no need to have to chase out notifications in the staging inbox).

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~danilo/launchpad/bug-548-use-preference/+merge/48616
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~danilo/launchpad/bug-548-use-preference/+merge/48616
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~danilo/launchpad/bug-548-use-preference into lp:launchpad/db-devel.