[Merge] lp:~gary/launchpad/bug713382 into lp:launchpad

The proposal to merge lp:~gary/launchpad/bug713382 into lp:launchpad has been updated.

Description changed to:

This branch fixes the linked bug with a test (from Danilo) and a simple fix.  The use of the temporary recipients object is a bit odd and ugly, but we want to know why the recipients were added, which is the point of the recipients collection, but we don't know yet if we can add them.  Therefore, I did what I did.

make lint is happy.

Run the test with "./bin/test -vvt test_no_lifecycle_email_despite_structural_subscription" as you'd expect.

To QA, log in as a user that has malone.advanced-subscriptions.enabled true (on production, that means you are a member of the malone alpha team; on dev, on https://launchpad.dev/+feature-rules you can set "malone.advanced-subscriptions.enabled default 100 on" as foo.bar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:test).  Also make sure that the user will receive notifications for their own actions (go to the user's "details" page, and select this option: "Send me bug notifications for changes I make") or make sure that, at the end of this process, the comment you make is as a different user.  Now, make a structural subscription to a product.  The default setting will be to subscribe to all notifications; that is what we want, so you should not have to do anything special.  Next, go to a bug in that product.  Directly change your URL to go to the bug's +subscribe page, like https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/548/+subscribe .  There, choose "Any change is made to this bug, other than a new comment being added." or "The bug is fixed or re-opened." and click Continue.  Then go to the bug and make a comment. Ask the LOSAs to run "cronscripts/send-bug-notifications.py -vv" and give you the output (warn them that it might be large). In that output, verify that the user did not get a notification for the comment you made.

Thank you

Gary

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~gary/launchpad/bug713382/+merge/49145
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~gary/launchpad/bug713382/+merge/49145
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~gary/launchpad/bug713382 into lp:launchpad.