Re: [Merge] lp:~jml/launchpad/what-is-in-the-web-ui into lp:launchpad

canonical url is a launchpad-ism that has seemed very custom in its implementation when I've looked at in the past.  I'd be swimming through code here like you.

For the view walk about, you could perhaps limit what you are looking through by only looking for things that adapt (anything, IRequest) but that's just an optimization, not an improvement of the sort you are looking for.  If you are interested, let me know and I'll dig it up.

If we register our views and our portlet views identically, as I suspect we do, then there's not much we can distinguish on.  We would need to change our registrations systematically to be able to do something like this.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jml/launchpad/what-is-in-the-web-ui/+merge/52594
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jml/launchpad/what-is-in-the-web-ui into lp:launchpad.