[Merge] lp:~stevenk/launchpad/derive-common-ancestor into lp:launchpad

The proposal to merge lp:~stevenk/launchpad/derive-common-ancestor into lp:launchpad has been updated.

Description changed to:

Change how base versions are calculated for DistroSeriesDifferences.

When DSDs were first implemented, they based base version calculation on the assumption that the highest common version is published in both series. Unfortunately, this assumption is false.

Based on the work from a Soyuz mini-sprint (the last one ever, in fact) it was determined that the safest and most correct way to determine the base version is parsing the changelog of the two packages. See https://dev.launchpad.net/Soyuz/BaseVersionDetermination for more information.

I have implemented a method into the object factory that creates a changelog with as many entries as required, which is then stored in the Librarian, and the LFA returned. I have extended makeSourcePackageRelease to accept a changelog argument, which is set on creation, and finally I have extended makeDistroSeriesDifference to set changelog if they are passed in.

It also does a little bit of drive-by in terms of lint.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~stevenk/launchpad/derive-common-ancestor/+merge/52796
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~stevenk/launchpad/derive-common-ancestor/+merge/52796
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~stevenk/launchpad/derive-common-ancestor into lp:launchpad.