Re: [Merge] lp:~danilo/launchpad/proper-bug-muting into lp:launchpad/db-devel

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:21 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why would a team mute be undesirable?

I think it becomes very confusing very quickly. eg. if you are a
member of two teams subscribed to a bug, what happens if one team
subscription is muted? Or if you are both directly subscribed and a
member of a team that is subscribed? If the team is muted, do you
receive an email stating this so team members who do want to receive
email can directly subscribe?

If we do want this in the future, the edge cases and UI need to be
thought through. If this is the future, we might as well add the
muted_by NOT NULL person reference and corresponding index now.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/

https://code.launchpad.net/~danilo/launchpad/proper-bug-muting/+merge/60615
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~danilo/launchpad/proper-bug-muting into lp:launchpad/db-devel.