Re: [Merge] lp:~allenap/launchpad/rabbit-fixture-cookie-file into lp:launchpad

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Gavin Panella
<gavin.panella@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gavin Panella has proposed merging lp:~allenap/launchpad/rabbit-fixture-cookie-file into lp:launchpad.
>
> Requested reviews:
>  Launchpad code reviewers (launchpad-reviewers)
> Related bugs:
>  Bug #788557 in Launchpad itself: "RabbitServer fixture not starting in buildbot: "Failed to create cookie file""
>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/788557
>
> For more details, see:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~allenap/launchpad/rabbit-fixture-cookie-file/+merge/62709
>
> This branch attempts to solve the problem of Erlang not being able to
> create its cookie file. From looking at the Erlang source it just
> seems to want to create .erlang.cookie in the home directory, and I
> really don't know why it could be failing, so I'm attempting two
> things:
>
> - When starting the rabbitmq-server process, also set the current
>  working directory to the same as the newly configured HOME
>  directory.

This was already done.
'> -        os.environ['HOME'] = kwargs['homedir']
'

So that wasn't the problem.

> - I realised there's (probably) no reason to daemonize the RabbitMQ
>  server, so I've ripped out all of that complexity, wherein may lie
>  bugs, and replaced it with subprocess.Popen().

I've no particular opinion on this. I kept the daemonize logic from U1
on the assumption that they had a reason for it.

Anyhow, this can probably land but won't fix the problem.

-Rob

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~allenap/launchpad/rabbit-fixture-cookie-file/+merge/62709
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~allenap/launchpad/rabbit-fixture-cookie-file into lp:launchpad.