lp:~allenap/launchpad/localpackagediffs-latest-comment-bug-746379 into lp:launchpad

The proposal to merge lp:~allenap/launchpad/localpackagediffs-latest-comment-bug-746379 into lp:launchpad has been updated.

Description changed to:

In DistroSeries:+localpackagediffs, when adding a comment to a difference row, this branch ensures that the "Latest comment" column is also updated. It does this by requesting a +latest-comment-fragment view of the new comment from the server. This is a new view that the +localpackagediffs template has been updated to use also.

In common with most of the code on +localpackagediffs, this code is untested. I don't mean to offend anyone, but the code in that module (lp.registry.distroseriesdifferences_details) made me a little bit sad. The priority of this bug is not high enough to warrant the refactoring needed to make it sanely testable.

To demonstrate, first create a difference to look at:

  $ bin/harness
  >>> diff = factory.makeDistroSeriesDifferenceComment()
  >>> derived_series = diff.distro_series_difference.derived_series
  >>> transaction.commit()
  >>> import webbrowser
  >>> webbrowser.open(canonical_url(derived_series, view_name="+localpackagediffs"))

Then open the expander and add a comment.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~allenap/launchpad/localpackagediffs-latest-comment-bug-746379/+merge/64334
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~allenap/launchpad/localpackagediffs-latest-comment-bug-746379/+merge/64334
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~allenap/launchpad/localpackagediffs-latest-comment-bug-746379 into lp:launchpad.