Re: [Merge] lp:~allenap/launchpad/dd-beta-icon-bug-827508 into lp:launchpad

Review: Needs Information ui
Thanks for taking the time to find the best way to communicate that this feature is in beta.

If Huw were here, we'd have sorted this fairly swiftly, I think. We need a re-usable recipe for indicating that something's in beta.

I agree that the red strip is better than the original beta icon. However, it looks a little lost on the full page.

Could we re-use the privacy ribbon from the Managing Disclosure project for the full page beta indicator? That would make it more clear that it's talking about the feature/page, rather than just one part of it, and it wouldn't interrupt the flow of the page.

The Teal squad originally allowed for dismissing the privacy ribbon, so that'd be a good way to avoid it being annoying.

I marking this "Needs information" because I want to know how long it would take to re-purpose the Teal squad's privacy ribbon. I think the portlet beta indicator is fine in the circumstances; we need Huw to re-work the design of the portlets generally.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~allenap/launchpad/dd-beta-icon-bug-827508/+merge/72492
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~allenap/launchpad/dd-beta-icon-bug-827508 into lp:launchpad.