[Merge] lp:~jtv/maas/backport-987585 into lp:maas/1.0

The proposal to merge lp:~jtv/maas/backport-987585 into lp:maas/1.0 has been updated.

Description changed to:

Francis asked for this to be backported to the 1.0 branch.  What you see here is not entirely a rewrite of the original fix in trunk, but neither is it a simple backport.  Too many things had changed between trunk and 1.0.  Some seemingly unrelated changes from trunk I introduced by hand (e.g. saving after acquire/release, from inside the model methods) but only minimally so (for example I didn't remove the now-obsolete saves after calls to acquire/release).  I didn't even bother with the view changes.

The backport is not of the same quality and robustness as the trunk fix; to do so would have required importing tons more changes from trunk.  We really have to get off the 1.0 branch soon.  Functionally trunk is still very similar to 1.0, but it's miles ahead in quality and polish, and pulling away.

Jeroen

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~jtv/maas/backport-987585/+merge/103643
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jtv/maas/backport-987585/+merge/103643
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jtv/maas/backport-987585 into lp:maas/1.0.