[Merge] lp:~sinzui/launchpad/bug-listings-history into lp:launchpad

Curtis Hovey has proposed merging lp:~sinzui/launchpad/bug-listings-history into lp:launchpad.

Requested reviews:
  Launchpad code reviewers (launchpad-reviewers)
Related bugs:
  Bug #939195 in Launchpad itself: "cannot order bugs by 'Date last updated' in IE9"
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/939195

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~sinzui/launchpad/bug-listings-history/+merge/106264

Pre-implementation: wgrant

Bug listings are very broken in MSIE because calls to
preserve history corrupt the URLs and state of the page. Users cannot
see more than one batch nor can they sort the listing.

RULES

    * We had agreed to disable the history module for MSIE and Opera.
      I tested the latest version of Opera and it does work contrary to
      reports that bug listings were broken. The History module has
      a lot of improvements in YUI 3.5 so I decided to look into to
      the double pillar in the URL. My suspicious were confirmed that
      IE was getting a relative URL when I compared IE and Chromium in
      their debuggers.
      * Ensure pathname are absolute.

QA

    Using MSIE and Opera
    * Visit https://bugs.qastaging.launchpad.net/pocket-lint
    * Verify you can sort the listing (No error dialog).
    * Verify you can see the next page (No error dialog).

LINT

    lib/lp/app/javascript/lp.js
    lib/lp/app/javascript/tests/test_lp.html
    lib/lp/app/javascript/tests/test_lp.js

TEST

    ./bin/test -vvc --layer=YUITest

IMPLEMENTATION

I fixed a helper method that assumes the browser returns a same pathname,
which IE does not. I added a rule to ensure a double slash was not
created because I recall we have seen this in the past.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~sinzui/launchpad/bug-listings-history/+merge/106264
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~sinzui/launchpad/bug-listings-history into lp:launchpad.