Re: [Merge] lp:~james-w/launchpad/drop-filecmp into lp:launchpad

Review: Needs Fixing

Do we have data on this? Replacing an unaltered file will cause apache to re-read it, which will increase load. That is, I believe, why the cmp is in there in the first place. Have we got data on how long the cmp is taking?

I ask because this is exactly the sort of small tweak that can bite us rather hard.

Perhaps doing this under a feature flag will let it be phase in under examination and see if it has any impact.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~james-w/launchpad/drop-filecmp/+merge/108021